The Unofficial UnrealZA UT2004 Server

I’ve spent some time putting this together, and am happy to present a new local UT2004 server.

This is a dedicated server, running official maps and bonus pack content, with ProAsm’s UT2Vote v61. And just for fun, its also outputting game stats, which are available at https://stats.unreal.co.za/ (see also button in the nav bar above).

The only caveat is that it’s actually hosted in my house, on my 50mb fibre line. The way I see it though, this is a bigger connection than some ISPs had back in the day, so I don’t really anticipate problems :smiley:. I pretty much never max out the line, so not anticipating that being a problem either.

You’ll find it in the in-game server browser - it’ll be the one with a reasonable ping :wink:.

I’ll be leaving it running indefinitely.

The difficulty now is getting people together to play at the same time :smiley:

I am defiantly game. Found a group on Steam that wanted to do a proper tournament like the single player on UT 2004 but it is not so easy to get things organised with the rest of the group members. I just want to play UT 2004 and I might have 2 other SA guy’s that might also be interested.:+1:t3:

Time to reinstall and see how bad I have become not that I was pro either.

Yeah I have a bit of a problem, my pc has no CD/DVD drive anymore, and honestly haven’t used a CD/DVD in probably over a year lol, long story short they are a bit extinct to me :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks like I will have to download an ISO …

I’ll get a few guys together for a good night’s fun!

Nice :slight_smile:

How about we set a time, maybe make it regular if there’s enough interest.

Anyone up for a trial on Thursday evenings? Maybe 20:00?

You can count me in :slight_smile:

Can we make it a Friday night? Ill get together like at least 4 players… Then we can CTF etc? How about Friday the 13th? Proper date for UT2004! :smiley:

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

Cancellation… FFS! 2 guys are not here! ill setup a new date ! Will confirm!!